Saturday 26 March 2011

Tres Leche Cake with fresh strawberries

My oh my When my good friend Renee Taylor has us over and served this cake I thought I has died and gone to heaven. **Sidebar, i have to say Renee is one of the best cooks I have met in a long time...we DROOL like hungry dogs over eachs others food posts!****
Ok back to the cake, so Renee has a simple solution she uses a boxed yellow cake mix
which when you are in a hurry works great for me. On doing some research I found The Pioneer Lady has a Tres Leches Cake recipe, and as you all know I am NOT a baker nor do I pretend to be...so either way is fine for me.
Renee Taylors Tres Leche Cake:
1 Box of yellow cake mix prepared and baked to instruction
let stand and cool. Then take a fork or cake tester and carefully poke holes in your cake all over.
WHY...because the best part is coming: take 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 can of sweetned condensed milk and 1 pint of heavy cream and mix together then POUR all over making sure to get in all cracks, creaves and edges :)
let sit over night and then "frost" with whip cream and top with strawberries.

The Pioneer Ladies Tres Leches Cake recipe is right here:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/

Either way enjoy and ummmmm dont be on a diet the day you make this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment