Tuesday 1 March 2011

Seared Mahi Mahi with a parmesan garlic rub

Good Afternoon,
I do not really have an "secrets" here, because even though I LOVE seafood, I am not a expert by any means on the preparation of seafood.
When I prepare my mahi mahi, I sear them in olive oil ( www.californiagoldoliveoil.com) is my FAVORITE! More about them later. I put about 2 tbls. of olive oil in the pan on med heat, I sprinkle each fillet with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, however today we are going to sprinkle with Longabergers Parmesan Garlic rub.
Season both sides of fish.  When oil is hot, add mahi mahi pieces, skin side down. After 3 minutes, turn strips over and cook for another 3 minutes.
SIDE DISH:
I am boiling some penne pasta and then adding olive oil, fresh garlic and fresh parm cheese. Boil your noodles, drain and then add your olive oil, fresh garlic and parmesan cheese mix well and serve on each plate then place your mahi mahi on top of the pasta.
VEGETABLE: Zucchini, mushrooms, and red onions. Cut your zucchini squach into round disks, slice your mushrooms, and red onions. In a skillet add your Olive Oil and place your onions in first for about 2-3 minutes cooking on med heat, add your mushrooms and zucchini and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook to your liking I prefer to have a bit "al dente". You can sprinkle them with fresh Parmesan cheese if you like.
Well thats todays menu folks....If you have questions on preperation let me know, I am sorry I am not an expert in the "lingo" so let me know if i gave you a hmmmm moment.
Thank you again for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment