Monday 7 March 2011

Rocket Lettuce Salad

Ok, so I admit I had NO idea what Rocket lettuce was until I moved to England.
This wonderfully peppered lettuce is really yummy, so this is the salad I made last night to go with dinner.

Take some fresh Rocket Lettuce and rinse and pat dry, add shaved parmesan cheese, and roughly chopped parma ham or (prosciutto), red onion and 1-2 mushrooms. Gently toss together. For the dressing use something light with olive oil and wont over pour this salad.

We have a French Chardonnay mustard dressing here that I used.
ENJOY!!
With spring and summer coming...make it a point to try new salads dont be afraid to add meat or fruit and try a dressing other than Thousand Island or Ranch. (wink wink)



P.S. I will start taking pictures of our food and uploading. Some people are more visual and I need to make sure that is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment